Building a Center of Excellence Around Pricing
How to Move Beyond the Antiquated Concept of the Command-and-Control Pricing Organization
For decades, management consulting firms have argued that the best way to generate significant results from active pricing management is to have a centralized pricing organization. These days, however, a new model is finding favor--the Pricing Center of Excellence. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The overall concept behind a Center of Excellence and why it makes sense in today's business environment.
- Eight critical differences between a Command-and-Control structure and a Pricing Center of Excellence.
- Four basic steps you can follow to begin building a Pricing Center of Excellence in your own organization.
- The four primary areas of enablement and influence that a Pricing Center of Excellence typically focuses on.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Four Ways to Be More Strategic In Pricing
In pricing, it's all too easy to get lost in all of the administrative tasks and tactical activities. This guide outlines four areas of focus that can help you become a much more strategic pricing professional.View This Guide
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this expert interview, Paul Hunt exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
The Essence of Strategic Pricing
It's easy to fill your to-do list with all sorts of tactical pricing tasks. But if you're only focusing on those, it's hard to generate significant results. View this recorded training seminar and learn about tackling the most powerful and effective aspects of real strategic pricing.View This Webinar
Ten Signs Your Pricing Strategy Stinks
There are so many factors at play in pricing that it can be difficult to know if your strategy is really effective or not. This simple self-assessment can help determine whether the odds are for or against your pricing strategy.View This Diagnostic
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges