Building a Center of Excellence Around Pricing
How to Move Beyond the Antiquated Concept of the Command-and-Control Pricing Organization
For decades, management consulting firms have argued that the best way to generate significant results from active pricing management is to have a centralized pricing organization. These days, however, a new model is finding favor--the Pricing Center of Excellence. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The overall concept behind a Center of Excellence and why it makes sense in today's business environment.
- Eight critical differences between a Command-and-Control structure and a Pricing Center of Excellence.
- Four basic steps you can follow to begin building a Pricing Center of Excellence in your own organization.
- The four primary areas of enablement and influence that a Pricing Center of Excellence typically focuses on.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Getting the Top Job in B2B Pricing
How do you become a Vice President of Pricing at a multi-billion dollar B2B company? A great first step is to get some advice from someone like Dick Braun, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at Parker Hannifin.View This Interview
Avoiding the Pitfalls of Price Segmentation
In this expert interview, Barrett Thompson provides insight into the common problems and pitfalls to avoid when developing price segmentation models in B2B environments.View This Interview
How Technology Can Pay You & Your Company
A successful pricing technology initiative can do wonders for your company's bottom line as well as the trajectory of your career. In this tutorial, learn the 4 key steps to take and the 5 land mines to avoid.View This Tutorial
Better Product Management for Better Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, learn how leading pricing teams are influencing the pre-market decisions that can increase pricing pressure and limit the prices you can command in the market.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges