Pricing Configured Products
Strategies and Tactics for More Effective Pricing of Configured and Custom Products
From a pricing perspective, configured and custom products present some major challenges. After all, even a small handful of options can generate a seemingly unmanageable number of combinations. And many of the resulting configurations will have never been sold before and will likely never be sold again. So how do you price configured and custom products effectively? How do you ensure that your costs and margin minimums are covered? And beyond that, how do you capture even more of the value being delivered? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Accurately estimating material and labor costs to achieve "planned profit" targets.
- Understanding, maximizing, and capturing the perceived value of various configurations.
- Leveraging technology to manage the complexity and enable more sophisticated pricing.
- Identifying "close enough" benchmark configurations to utilize for relevant comparisons.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Effective Internal Marketing for Pricing Initiatives
Pricing initiatives don't happen overnight and organizational support can wane over time. Without some thoughtful planning, initiatives can end-up fading into the background. Learn the approaches two companies used to keep support and momentum going.View This Case Study
Delivering Answers to the Point of Sale
While the promise of data-driven decisions in sales is compelling, it’s rarely realistic. This tutorial reveals a more effective approach for getting salespeople to use data and analytics to make better pricing decisions.View This Tutorial
Do European Companies Really Price Better?
In this informative interview, Per Sjofors, the founder and CEO of Atenga, defends his bold assertion that European companies lead US companies in the development of pricing capabilities and processes.View This Interview
How to Crater a Market with Cost-Plus Pricing
For one large manufacturer, cost-plus pricing was tantamount to malpractice. In this case study, learn how the lack of strategic pricing capability reduced the value of an entire market by over $1 billion.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Getting Control of Discounting
Enabling a More Disciplined & Deliberate Approach to Discounting