Generating Cost-to-Serve Automagically
How to Reduce the Time and Effort Required to Estimate the Indirect Costs of Serving Different Customers
Generating relatively accurate cost-to-serve estimates is often much more difficult than people first anticipate. But what if there was a way to estimate indirect cost-to-serve systematically? What if you could generate cost-to-serve estimates "automagically"? In this tutorial, you will learn:
- The two foundational concepts that can be combined to form the basis of a more timely and automatic system.
- The three basic process steps for leveraging the concepts, developing the system, and fine-tuning the outputs.
- Two approaches for estimating relatively accurate costs for various activities that contribute to cost-to-serve.
- Six short- and long-term benefits of a systematic approach for capturing and reporting customer-level costs.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
13 Unique Price Segmentation Attributes
When you identify meaningful segmentation attributes, you also uncover a source of competitive advantage. This research brief explores a variety of unique price segmentation attributes that companies in the PricingBrew Network have found to be important.View This Research
Pricing Tech Utilization: Users Vs. Laggards
Based on an in-depth PricingPulse research study, this briefing exposes the critical differences between the companies who are currently using pricing technology, and those who are not.View This Research
Answering Three Questions to Enable Change
In this guide, learn a more effective approach for championing new solutions in B2B environments.View This Guide
Boosting ASPs (Average Selling Prices) to Drive Profitability
The use of averages are as common in business as they are in sports. Average selling prices (ASPs), however, can hide a lot of profitable truths. In this case study, Peter Maniscalco reveals how one building materials company dug deeper to find profitable opportunities.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges