Generating Cost-to-Serve Automagically
How to Reduce the Time and Effort Required to Estimate the Indirect Costs of Serving Different Customers
Generating relatively accurate cost-to-serve estimates is often much more difficult than people first anticipate. But what if there was a way to estimate indirect cost-to-serve systematically? What if you could generate cost-to-serve estimates "automagically"? In this tutorial, you will learn:
- The two foundational concepts that can be combined to form the basis of a more timely and automatic system.
- The three basic process steps for leveraging the concepts, developing the system, and fine-tuning the outputs.
- Two approaches for estimating relatively accurate costs for various activities that contribute to cost-to-serve.
- Six short- and long-term benefits of a systematic approach for capturing and reporting customer-level costs.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Finding Your Path Toward Pricing Improvement
An insightful conversation with Andre Weber of Simon-Kucher & Partners about pricing improvement in B2B.View This Interview
Considerations for Pricing Through Channels
How do you get your arms around the various players in the channel and manage the links in the distribution chain? In this interview, we discuss channel pricing with Peter Maniscalco, a Senior Manager of Pricing at a major IT Products and Services company.View This Interview
How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
While no variable comp approach is ever perfect, you stand a much better chance when you minimize the unintended consequences. This guide exposes the problems with various schemes and explores potential solutions.View This Guide
How Customers Evaluate a Price
Customers aren't as logical in understanding value and assessing a price as you might think. In this guide, Mark Dresdner exposes eight factors that play an important role when a potential customer evaluates your prices.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges