Generating Cost-to-Serve Automagically
How to Reduce the Time and Effort Required to Estimate the Indirect Costs of Serving Different Customers
Generating relatively accurate cost-to-serve estimates is often much more difficult than people first anticipate. But what if there was a way to estimate indirect cost-to-serve systematically? What if you could generate cost-to-serve estimates "automagically"? In this tutorial, you will learn:
- The two foundational concepts that can be combined to form the basis of a more timely and automatic system.
- The three basic process steps for leveraging the concepts, developing the system, and fine-tuning the outputs.
- Two approaches for estimating relatively accurate costs for various activities that contribute to cost-to-serve.
- Six short- and long-term benefits of a systematic approach for capturing and reporting customer-level costs.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Pros & Cons of Different Pricing Locations
To help guide your decision about where to locate a dedicated Pricing function in your business, we've compiled this reference table outlining four typical locations, the rationale for each location, as well as the top pros and cons that have been reported.View This Tool
How to Prevent Margin Meltdowns in the Field
When your salespeople adopt better pricing and discounting habits, your strategies can become much more powerful than they were on paper. In this tutorial, learn seven real-world strategies and tactics for getting B2B salespeople to price and discount more effectively.View This Tutorial
How to Structure Pricing Functions
The structure of your pricing function can have major ramifications for years to come. In this on-demand webinar, learn effective approaches and considerations for structuring your pricing organization.View This Webinar
Avoiding Guesswork in Value-Based Pricing
Most value-based pricing initiatives aren't small undertakings--and shouldn't be left to trial and intuition. This guide outlines a proven research process that can get you started.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges