Step-by-Step Competitive Analysis for Strategic Pricing
How to Use Competitive Analysis to Identify Actionable Opportunities to Gain Strategic Advantage
Through a deeper understanding of your competitors, you can gain strategic advantage, expose competitive gaps, provide differentiation beyond price, and reduce the pressure to discount. In this step-by-step tutorial, you'll learn about:
- A powerful approach to competitive analysis that goes well-beyond simple benchmarking.
- The “Triangulated Audit” for uncovering competitors’ priorities, resources, and performance.
- The 20 most important analysis questions for generating truly actionable, strategic insights.
- Identifying, documenting, and exploiting strategic competitive “gaps” to create advantages.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Suffering from a Costly Case of Sticker Shock
In B2B environments where discounting is habitual, it's easy to think that your list prices don't really matter all that much. But before you conclude that list prices are inconsequential in your business, consider this case of a B2B reseller who just couldn't see what they were missing.View This Case Study
The Marketing Research Analysis Guide
The Marketing Research Analysis Guide will help you interrogate your marketing research findings to gain strategic insights and identify opportunities for truly meaningful action.View This Tool
17 Customer Insights for More Strategic Pricing
Having a better understanding of your buyers can help make profitable pricing outcomes the natural result. This guide reveals 17 powerful customer insights that are proven to be beneficial for creating advantageous pricing conditions.View This Guide
New Benchmarks for Pricing Excellence in B2B
In our research, we’ve identified ten areas where “best practices” have been redefined; setting new benchmarks for pricing excellence in B2B. Use this self-assessment to see how your capabilities measure up.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges