Step-by-Step Marketing Research for Strategic Pricing
How to Use Marketing Research to Better Understand Your Customers and Glean Strategic Insights
Because there is simply no way the people inside a company can intuitively know everything they need to know, conducting marketing research is the only reliable way to gain the meaningful and actionable insights you need for effective strategic pricing. In this step-by-step tutorial, you'll learn about:
- The potent “one-two punch” that even seasoned research professionals tend to overlook.
- The 20 most important research question categories for producing actionable insights.
- Conducting simple yet ultra-productive research interviews with prospects and customers.
- Preparing and executing effective research surveys to add quantitative rigor to your findings.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Avoiding Mistakes in Customer Profitability Management
For most B2B companies, it's important to maximize the value of every customer you get. But customer profitability management is full of land mines that need to be avoided.View This Guide
Developing Pricing People Into Business Leaders
How do you develop great pricers and prepare them for other leadership positions in the company? In this interview, Greg Preuer discusses his team's intense, 48-week pricing training program.View This Interview
Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
An edgy case study that exposes how one company got "creative" to improve profitability without having to change their sales team's ingrained cost-plus pricing behaviors.View This Case Study
21 Questions About Your Price Segmentation
It can be difficult to know if your price segmentation model is as effective as it should be. This 21-point diagnostic assessment helps you measure how good your model really is and uncover potential areas of improvement.View This Diagnostic
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges