Three Types of Buyers That Don’t Buy On Price
Learn How to Identify Three Types of Buyers Where Additional Discounts Won’t Actually Help You Win the Business
Extensive research shows that despite the sales lore, pure price buyers are typically no more than 20-30% of any given B2B market. But customers have learned that if they complain loudly enough about price, they might get a break --- even if they are secretly willing to pay more. In this diagnostic by Chris Mitchell of Holden Advisors, you'll learn:
- How to identify a buyer that takes a long-term view of their vendor relationships and values quality and collaboration.
- How to identify a buyer that's really willing to pay a higher price as long as they're confident they're getting more value.
- How to identify a buyer that's actually just pretending to be a price buyer in order to get the lowest possible price.
- How to identify a true price buyer that really does want the lowest price and is willing to give-up value to get it.
This diagnostic is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Pricing Services to Customer Value
When you’re selling services or project work, it can be challenging to get customers to focus on the value being delivered or exchanged. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to improve revenue and margins when your offering is largely intangible.View This Webinar
How to Retain Your Key Customers
When you lose business from existing accounts, the sales team must acquire even more new business to compensate. In this on-demand training session, learn how pricing analysis skills are ideal to identify and minimize revenue attrition and customer defection.View This Webinar
Getting Them to Pay More
How you get your customers to pay more without having to handhold every single transaction? In this session, learn how to influence willingness-to-pay consistently, systematically, and at-scale.View This Webinar
How to Craft Effective Strategic Value Messages
This tutorial shows you how to get beyond the platitudes and develop compelling messages that get prospects to view your offerings as being different, better than the alternatives, and worth the price.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this diagnostic as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Neutralizing the Sales Team's Excuses
Effectively Addressing the Top "Reasons" Sales Teams Give for Poor Price Execution