Three Types of Buyers That Don’t Buy On Price
Learn How to Identify Three Types of Buyers Where Additional Discounts Won’t Actually Help You Win the Business
Extensive research shows that despite the sales lore, pure price buyers are typically no more than 20-30% of any given B2B market. But customers have learned that if they complain loudly enough about price, they might get a break --- even if they are secretly willing to pay more. In this diagnostic by Chris Mitchell of Holden Advisors, you'll learn:
- How to identify a buyer that takes a long-term view of their vendor relationships and values quality and collaboration.
- How to identify a buyer that's really willing to pay a higher price as long as they're confident they're getting more value.
- How to identify a buyer that's actually just pretending to be a price buyer in order to get the lowest possible price.
- How to identify a true price buyer that really does want the lowest price and is willing to give-up value to get it.
This diagnostic is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand webinar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
Are Revenue Management and Pricing Different?
Some practitioners will use the terms "revenue management" and "pricing" interchangeably. In this expert interview, Amit Aggarwal, the Executive Vice President of Revenue Management at iHeartMedia, helps explain the differences and why they matter.View This Interview
Stop Being Afraid of Procurement
In this interview with Chris Provines, author of "Selling to Procurement", get an inside look at the goals and tactics of the purchasing people who are working so hard to get your salespeople to give up margin.View This Interview
Identifying Your Value Along Five Dimensions
It's best to present a well-rounded set of criteria upon which customers can base a buying decision. In this guide, you'll learn about five dimensions of value with over 50 potential value-drivers that can influence buying decisions.View This Diagnostic
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this diagnostic as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges