Three Types of Buyers That Don’t Buy On Price
Learn How to Identify Three Types of Buyers Where Additional Discounts Won’t Actually Help You Win the Business
Extensive research shows that despite the sales lore, pure price buyers are typically no more than 20-30% of any given B2B market. But customers have learned that if they complain loudly enough about price, they might get a break --- even if they are secretly willing to pay more. In this diagnostic by Chris Mitchell of Holden Advisors, you'll learn:
- How to identify a buyer that takes a long-term view of their vendor relationships and values quality and collaboration.
- How to identify a buyer that's really willing to pay a higher price as long as they're confident they're getting more value.
- How to identify a buyer that's actually just pretending to be a price buyer in order to get the lowest possible price.
- How to identify a true price buyer that really does want the lowest price and is willing to give-up value to get it.
This diagnostic is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Do European Companies Really Price Better?
In this informative interview, Per Sjofors, the founder and CEO of Atenga, defends his bold assertion that European companies lead US companies in the development of pricing capabilities and processes.View This Interview
Fighting Over-Discounting in the Field
Over-discounting in the field is a frustrating reality for most B2B pricing teams. So, how do you prevent it from happening? In this Expert Interview, Chaz Napoli shares the strategies and tactics he's found to be effective through hundreds of customer engagements.View This Interview
A Modern Approach for Fixing a Costly Profit Leak
We recently went through a virtual negotiation training program that can help close the massive skills gap between buyers and sellers. In this research brief, we share our impressions and recommendations.View This Research
Influencing Internal Pricing Negotiations
In B2B, the most costly pricing negotiations often take place within the confines of our own organizations. In this guide, you'll learn the top 10 strategies for negotiating better pricing outcomes with others inside your company.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this diagnostic as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges