Three Types of Buyers That Don’t Buy On Price
Learn How to Identify Three Types of Buyers Where Additional Discounts Won’t Actually Help You Win the Business
Extensive research shows that despite the sales lore, pure price buyers are typically no more than 20-30% of any given B2B market. But customers have learned that if they complain loudly enough about price, they might get a break --- even if they are secretly willing to pay more. In this diagnostic by Chris Mitchell of Holden Advisors, you'll learn:
- How to identify a buyer that takes a long-term view of their vendor relationships and values quality and collaboration.
- How to identify a buyer that's really willing to pay a higher price as long as they're confident they're getting more value.
- How to identify a buyer that's actually just pretending to be a price buyer in order to get the lowest possible price.
- How to identify a true price buyer that really does want the lowest price and is willing to give-up value to get it.
This diagnostic is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Fight a Price War
In this on-demand webinar, learn strategies and tactics for preventing a price war, handling "dumb" competitors, de-escalating and avoiding provocative situations, and winning without actually fighting.View This Webinar
Creating More Powerful Sales Proposals
An interview with Reuben Swartz about how to create sales proposals that win more business at higher margins.View This Interview
Managing Your "Minimum Advertised Price"
Many manufacturers have augmented their channel strategies with MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policies. While not a panacea, MAP policies can mitigate many channel control and conflict issues. In this guide, we expose 20 strategies and tactics for more effective MAP policies and programs.View This Guide
Effective Pricing Through the Product Lifecycle
This on-demand training seminar explores the conventional wisdom around lifecycle pricing, highlights some major flaws, and reveals what leading pricing groups are doing differently to price effectively throughout the product lifecycle.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this diagnostic as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges