Three Types of Buyers That Don’t Buy On Price
Learn How to Identify Three Types of Buyers Where Additional Discounts Won’t Actually Help You Win the Business
Extensive research shows that despite the sales lore, pure price buyers are typically no more than 20-30% of any given B2B market. But customers have learned that if they complain loudly enough about price, they might get a break --- even if they are secretly willing to pay more. In this diagnostic by Chris Mitchell of Holden Advisors, you'll learn:
- How to identify a buyer that takes a long-term view of their vendor relationships and values quality and collaboration.
- How to identify a buyer that's really willing to pay a higher price as long as they're confident they're getting more value.
- How to identify a buyer that's actually just pretending to be a price buyer in order to get the lowest possible price.
- How to identify a true price buyer that really does want the lowest price and is willing to give-up value to get it.
This diagnostic is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Do European Companies Really Price Better?
In this informative interview, Per Sjofors, the founder and CEO of Atenga, defends his bold assertion that European companies lead US companies in the development of pricing capabilities and processes.View This Interview
Seven Steps to Identify and Capture Your Value
When it comes to value-based pricing, it's easy to get sidetracked by all of the apparent complexity. In this tutorial, learn the fundamental process steps that are crucial for success.View This Tutorial
Are Revenue Management and Pricing Different?
Some practitioners will use the terms "revenue management" and "pricing" interchangeably. In this expert interview, Amit Aggarwal, the Executive Vice President of Revenue Management at iHeartMedia, helps explain the differences and why they matter.View This Interview
The Fundamentals of Effective Subscription Pricing
With subscriptions, the first order is just a fraction of the business you hope to get over time. So how do you do get the pricing right? In this recorded webinar, learn the processes, practices, and measures that can boost subscription pricing effectiveness.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this diagnostic as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges