Tweaking Your Sales Strategy to Improve Prices
Learn About Simple Improvements That Can Naturally Lead To More Profitable Pricing Outcomes
Sales strategy is sometimes relegated to clichés and platitudes --- i.e. "sell higher" or "sell broader". Yet, a weak or poorly-defined strategy can lead to desperation discounts and margin erosion. On the other hand, a well thought-out strategy can reduce pricing pressure and increase deal velocity. In this guide, you'll learn about:
- How relatively small adjustments in a few high-leverage areas can combine and compound to produce dramatic results
- How there's a big difference between having a structured sales process and having a solid, well-though-out sales strategy.
- The one question most sales teams focus on and the four questions a real sales strategy should be designed to answer.
- Three common strategic areas where companies can often make improvements and tweaks that generate better results.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Reducing the Friction Between Sales & Pricing
Some amount of "friction" between Sales and Pricing is expected. Too much, however, is counter-productive. In this on-demand session, we discuss dozens of ways to address seven root-causes of friction and conflict between the Sales and Pricing functions.View This Webinar
Boosting the Pricing Team's Influence
How can a B2B pricing team improve results when they don't control all the cooks in the kitchen? How can they be heard when others don't have to listen? In this session, learn the science of influence and persuasion.View This Webinar
Exploring Four Different Types of Buyers
To win a negotiation without giving up too much, it's important to understand who's on the other side of the table. This interview with Nelson Hyde teaches you about four types of buyers --- how to identify them and how to deal with them.View This Interview
Effective Internal Marketing for Pricing Initiatives
Pricing initiatives don't happen overnight and organizational support can wane over time. Without some thoughtful planning, initiatives can end-up fading into the background. Learn the approaches two companies used to keep support and momentum going.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges