Visualizing Data: Seeing the Trees in the Forest
Walter Paczkowski on Harnessing the Power of Data Visualization to Explore and Explain the Causes of Margin Leakage
Data visualization is an exploratory process, allowing the pricing analyst to search for underlying causes, or to formulate hypotheses about causes, in the data. In this informative guide by Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D you will learn:
- Why dynamic data visualization is so important in B2B environments dealing with thousands of products and customers.
- Thirteen potential sources of leakage between the list price and the "pocket price" or final price the product is ultimately sold at.
- The three data characteristics, features, and properties that a pricing analyst needs to be able to identify and understand.
- How a wholesale manufacturer leveraged dynamic data visualization to identify the sources and causes of margin leakage.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Fundamentals of Effective Pricing Analysis
In this on-demand training webinar, we share the fundamental concepts and principles behind effective pricing analysis, expose the critical building blocks that need to be in-place, and walk through a basic pricing analysis example to pull everything together.View This Webinar
Generating Cost-to-Serve Automagically
Creating accurate cost-to-serve estimates can be more difficult than people anticipate. In this tutorial, learn how to reduce the time and effort required to estimate the indirect costs of serving different customers.View This Tutorial
Avoiding Mistakes in Customer Profitability Management
For most B2B companies, it's important to maximize the value of every customer you get. But customer profitability management is full of land mines that need to be avoided.View This Guide
Exposing the Power of Price Elasticity in B2B
Price elasticity is incredibly underutilized and often misunderstood. Barrett Thompson explains the nature of price elasticity in B2B and how you can use it to set better prices with far less risk.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges