Visualizing Data: Seeing the Trees in the Forest
Walter Paczkowski on Harnessing the Power of Data Visualization to Explore and Explain the Causes of Margin Leakage
Data visualization is an exploratory process, allowing the pricing analyst to search for underlying causes, or to formulate hypotheses about causes, in the data. In this informative guide by Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D you will learn:
- Why dynamic data visualization is so important in B2B environments dealing with thousands of products and customers.
- Thirteen potential sources of leakage between the list price and the "pocket price" or final price the product is ultimately sold at.
- The three data characteristics, features, and properties that a pricing analyst needs to be able to identify and understand.
- How a wholesale manufacturer leveraged dynamic data visualization to identify the sources and causes of margin leakage.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The B2B Pricing Capability Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement and help gauge the competitiveness of your company's strategic and tactical pricing capabilities, simply answer the 52 questions in this straightforward self-assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible.View This Tool
How Pricing Should Navigate This Crisis
To say that the global pandemic is producing "extreme market dynamics" is an understatement. As a pricing function, what should you be doing right now to help your company weather the storm?View This Webinar
Preventing Bad Deals Before They Happen
Thanks to analytical toolsets, it's easy to identify deals that weren't priced properly. But after-the-fact corrective actions do little to prevent outliers from happening again. This diagnostic shows you how to uncover and address the true root causes behind bad deals.View This Diagnostic
Leveraging the Power of Price Segmentation
In this Expert Interview, Paul Parsons discusses his experiences helping a number of distributors and manufacturers leverage the power of segmentation to boost their margins and profits.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges