Visualizing Data: Seeing the Trees in the Forest
Walter Paczkowski on Harnessing the Power of Data Visualization to Explore and Explain the Causes of Margin Leakage
Data visualization is an exploratory process, allowing the pricing analyst to search for underlying causes, or to formulate hypotheses about causes, in the data. In this informative guide by Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D you will learn:
- Why dynamic data visualization is so important in B2B environments dealing with thousands of products and customers.
- Thirteen potential sources of leakage between the list price and the "pocket price" or final price the product is ultimately sold at.
- The three data characteristics, features, and properties that a pricing analyst needs to be able to identify and understand.
- How a wholesale manufacturer leveraged dynamic data visualization to identify the sources and causes of margin leakage.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Avoiding 3 Costly Price Segmentation Mistakes
Price segmentation is the cornerstone of any successful pricing program but it's easy to make costly mistakes that can jeopardize your efforts. In this guide, learn how to sidestep three common mistakes.View This Diagnostic
Diagnosing Pricing Problems
When companies stop at a default diagnosis of, “Something’s wrong with the pricing,” they never identify and fix the true root-causes of the issues. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to identify the real root-causes behind pricing performance issues.View This Webinar
Delivering No-Brainer Pricing Guidance
While equipping sales reps with accurate pricing guidance is a priority for many, it's hard to get right. In this session, learn seven key ingredients to deliver guidance your salespeople will actually use.View This Webinar
Generating Cost-to-Serve Automagically
Creating accurate cost-to-serve estimates can be more difficult than people anticipate. In this tutorial, learn how to reduce the time and effort required to estimate the indirect costs of serving different customers.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges