Visualizing Data: Seeing the Trees in the Forest
Walter Paczkowski on Harnessing the Power of Data Visualization to Explore and Explain the Causes of Margin Leakage
Data visualization is an exploratory process, allowing the pricing analyst to search for underlying causes, or to formulate hypotheses about causes, in the data. In this informative guide by Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D you will learn:
- Why dynamic data visualization is so important in B2B environments dealing with thousands of products and customers.
- Thirteen potential sources of leakage between the list price and the "pocket price" or final price the product is ultimately sold at.
- The three data characteristics, features, and properties that a pricing analyst needs to be able to identify and understand.
- How a wholesale manufacturer leveraged dynamic data visualization to identify the sources and causes of margin leakage.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Survival Strategies for Raising Prices
In this on-demand training seminar, learn why some B2B companies struggle with price increases while others are able to do it with far less pain and angst. What are leading companies doing differently to execute price increases with far less risk, conflict, and uncertainty?View This Webinar
Seven Strategies for Boosting Margin Dollars
It's good to have a few strategies close at hand that are effective at boosting margin dollars without a lot of time and effort. This video guide explains seven simple solutions that can make a big difference to profitability.View This Guide
Analytics or Optimization... Which Do You Need?
When it comes to pricing technologies like pricing analytics and optimization, it's difficult to know which direction to take. But what if you could hear from an experienced practitioner who has actually used both pricing analytics and price optimization?View This Guide
21 Questions About Your Price Segmentation
It can be difficult to know if your price segmentation model is as effective as it should be. This 21-point diagnostic assessment helps you measure how good your model really is and uncover potential areas of improvement.View This Diagnostic
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges