Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Exploring the Pros and Cons of Pricing Reporting to Sales, Marketing, Finance, or the CEO
When looking to establish a formal pricing function, one of the first questions that comes to mind is around where it should be located organizationally. Because the organizational location can determine a great deal about how a function performs over time, this decision shouldn't be taken lightly or made in haste. In this research briefing, you'll learn about:
- The four typical locations for Pricing: Sales, Marketing, Finance, or reporting directly to the CEO.
- The reported pros and cons associated with each location, as well as the overarching rationale.
- The strategic benefits of certain organizational locations and the tactical downsides of others.
- The model that can provide an "insurance policy" on the decision about where to locate Pricing.
This research is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Dismantling Mid-Market Pricing Myths
In this Expert Interview with Jared Wiesel of Revenue Analytics, learn about his work helping mid-market companies get past the myths and misconceptions to begin leveraging the power of pricing technology.View This Interview
Price Promotions in B2B
For many, price promotions are a go-to tactic when it looks like revenue targets might be missed. What do we really need to know about price promotions in B2B to avoid costly mistakes?View This Webinar
Pricing Configured Products
How do you price configured and customized products effectively? How do you ensure that your costs and margin minimums are covered? And how do you capture more of the value being delivered?View This Webinar
Avoiding Guesswork in Value-Based Pricing
Most value-based pricing initiatives aren't small undertakings--and shouldn't be left to trial and intuition. This guide outlines a proven research process that can get you started.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this research as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Making Pricing More Responsive
Strategies and Tactics for Boosting Pricing Responsiveness and Agility