Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Exploring the Pros and Cons of Pricing Reporting to Sales, Marketing, Finance, or the CEO
When looking to establish a formal pricing function, one of the first questions that comes to mind is around where it should be located organizationally. Because the organizational location can determine a great deal about how a function performs over time, this decision shouldn't be taken lightly or made in haste. In this research briefing, you'll learn about:
- The four typical locations for Pricing: Sales, Marketing, Finance, or reporting directly to the CEO.
- The reported pros and cons associated with each location, as well as the overarching rationale.
- The strategic benefits of certain organizational locations and the tactical downsides of others.
- The model that can provide an "insurance policy" on the decision about where to locate Pricing.
This research is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Marketing Research Analysis Guide
The Marketing Research Analysis Guide will help you interrogate your marketing research findings to gain strategic insights and identify opportunities for truly meaningful action.View This Tool
How to Craft Effective Strategic Value Messages
This tutorial shows you how to get beyond the platitudes and develop compelling messages that get prospects to view your offerings as being different, better than the alternatives, and worth the price.View This Tutorial
5 Pricing Trends You Can't Afford to Ignore
From our unique vantage point, we've identified a number of larger trends that pricing teams need to be prepared for. In this on-demand webinar, we explore five of these trends and discuss the implications and ramifications.View This Webinar
Finding Your Path Toward Pricing Improvement
An insightful conversation with Andre Weber of Simon-Kucher & Partners about pricing improvement in B2B.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this research as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges