Why Pricing Initiatives Fail
Avoiding the Mistakes and Missteps That Have Derailed Other B2B Pricing Initiatives
In B2B, it isn’t easy to take a pricing initiative from “idea on paper” all the way through to being “fully operational and generating meaningful results.” As if the project’s deliverables aren’t complicated enough, there are a variety of organizational hurdles that also have to be navigated. And frankly, some initiatives just don’t make it—they either struggle to produce worthwhile results or they fail outright. How do we avoid making the same mistakes? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Our observations after studying a number of pricing initiatives that didn’t work out as planned.
- Understanding and addressing the organizational dynamics that can derail your initiative.
- Crucial considerations in the design of an initiative that can maximize your odds of success.
- Setting proper expectations and positioning your initiative to ensure support and participation.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Boosting ASPs (Average Selling Prices) to Drive Profitability
The use of averages are as common in business as they are in sports. Average selling prices (ASPs), however, can hide a lot of profitable truths. In this case study, Peter Maniscalco reveals how one building materials company dug deeper to find profitable opportunities.View This Case Study
Delivering Data to Decision Makers
Providing data to decision-makers is a core responsibility for most pricing teams. But getting it right is a significant challenge. In this on-demand session, learn how leading teams are making their efforts in this area more effective.View This Webinar
The Functional Area Cheat Sheet
A quick overview of the common ways different internal groups can have an effect on pricing outcomes and suggestions for how you might be able to diplomatically help them help you.View This Tool
Tales from the Trenches in B2B Pricing
Pricing improvement in B2B can be a messy affair. In this on-demand webinar, glean insights from ten cautionary case studies so you don't repeat the same mistakes and miscalculations.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Making Pricing More Responsive
Strategies and Tactics for Boosting Pricing Responsiveness and Agility