Why Pricing Initiatives Fail
Avoiding the Mistakes and Missteps That Have Derailed Other B2B Pricing Initiatives
In B2B, it isn’t easy to take a pricing initiative from “idea on paper” all the way through to being “fully operational and generating meaningful results.” As if the project’s deliverables aren’t complicated enough, there are a variety of organizational hurdles that also have to be navigated. And frankly, some initiatives just don’t make it—they either struggle to produce worthwhile results or they fail outright. How do we avoid making the same mistakes? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Our observations after studying a number of pricing initiatives that didn’t work out as planned.
- Understanding and addressing the organizational dynamics that can derail your initiative.
- Crucial considerations in the design of an initiative that can maximize your odds of success.
- Setting proper expectations and positioning your initiative to ensure support and participation.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Five Steps Toward Understanding Salespeople
A big part of pricing is influencing and motivating salespeople to price and discount more effectively. This guide helps you understand salespeople and learn what makes them tick.View This Tutorial
A Modern Approach for Fixing a Costly Profit Leak
We recently went through a virtual negotiation training program that can help close the massive skills gap between buyers and sellers. In this research brief, we share our impressions and recommendations.View This Research
More Effective Cross-Functional Pricing
Pricing in a B2B environment is cross-functional by nature. In this on-demand webinar, learn about improving overall pricing performance by working more effectively with other groups and departments.View This Webinar
Advancing Your Career in Pricing
There's never been a better time to be a B2B pricing professional. But when it comes to your career, you can’t just hope that good things will happen in the future. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to take charge and make good things happen.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges