Why Pricing Initiatives Fail
Avoiding the Mistakes and Missteps That Have Derailed Other B2B Pricing Initiatives
In B2B, it isn’t easy to take a pricing initiative from “idea on paper” all the way through to being “fully operational and generating meaningful results.” As if the project’s deliverables aren’t complicated enough, there are a variety of organizational hurdles that also have to be navigated. And frankly, some initiatives just don’t make it—they either struggle to produce worthwhile results or they fail outright. How do we avoid making the same mistakes? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Our observations after studying a number of pricing initiatives that didn’t work out as planned.
- Understanding and addressing the organizational dynamics that can derail your initiative.
- Crucial considerations in the design of an initiative that can maximize your odds of success.
- Setting proper expectations and positioning your initiative to ensure support and participation.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Selling Value More Confidently in Seven Steps
To sell effectively, salespeople need confidence in themselves and the value of their offerings. In this tutorial, you will learn 7 straightforward steps you can take to give sales the confidence they need.View This Tutorial
When to Choose Profit, Revenue, or Both
As pricing people in B2B, we all have to deal with the "corporate schizophrenia" around revenue versus profit. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, we discuss how pricing teams can best deal with this oftentimes frustrating dynamic.View This Interview
The Fundamentals of Multinational Pricing
Multinational expansion often brings a massive increase in pricing complexity. In this session, we discuss how to cut through the complexities, focus on the fundamentals, and drive big performance improvements.View This Webinar
Making Sense of Pricing Technology
Are pricing technologies all the same? Do the differences actually matter? What do we need? How do we choose? In this webinar, we cut thru the confusion to help you understand your options for technology-enabled pricing.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges