Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
Veteran Pricing Professional Lydia DiLiello on How to Work More Effectively with the Executive Management Team
A common refrain amongst B2B pricing people is that their executive management just doesn't get it. And as a result, the C-suite doesn't provide the level of support for pricing improvement that is warranted. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, a pricing practitioner with decades of experience, you will learn about:
- How executive management tends to view pricing in the overall scheme of things and in-relation to other issues.
- Using better ways to package and present your pricing information and proposals to executive management.
- How to minimize perceived risks around your pricing recommendations and make it easy for execs to say "yes".
- Developing the "soft" skills that can make you more effective and help you avoid getting typecast as an analyst.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The B2B Pricing Capability Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement and help gauge the competitiveness of your company's strategic and tactical pricing capabilities, simply answer the 52 questions in this straightforward self-assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible.View This Tool
Addressing Top Pricing Questions in the Crisis
Since the crisis began, we've seen a marked increase in questions to the Journal's Help Desk. In this on-demand session, we cover the most broadly-applicable questions and themes with the most significant ramifications.View This Webinar
How Does Your Pricing Department Compare?
Ever wonder how your pricing department stacks up to others? This PricingPulse research briefing explores the size, experience, challenges, and priorities of B2B pricing organizations.View This Research
A Modern Approach for Fixing a Costly Profit Leak
We recently went through a virtual negotiation training program that can help close the massive skills gap between buyers and sellers. In this research brief, we share our impressions and recommendations.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges