Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
Veteran Pricing Professional Lydia DiLiello on How to Work More Effectively with the Executive Management Team
A common refrain amongst B2B pricing people is that their executive management just doesn't get it. And as a result, the C-suite doesn't provide the level of support for pricing improvement that is warranted. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, a pricing practitioner with decades of experience, you will learn about:
- How executive management tends to view pricing in the overall scheme of things and in-relation to other issues.
- Using better ways to package and present your pricing information and proposals to executive management.
- How to minimize perceived risks around your pricing recommendations and make it easy for execs to say "yes".
- Developing the "soft" skills that can make you more effective and help you avoid getting typecast as an analyst.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Essential Pricing Functions
While there's only one pricing title on the business card, there are actually many different "jobs within the job." And it isn't easy to do the right jobs, at the right times, and in the right ways.View This Webinar
Using The "Measurement Effect" to Improve Margins
When it comes to finding problems or failings with pricing and discounting, the sales department is a prime target. But the relatively simple effort of getting your own house in order can have a positive influence on pricing outcomes.View This Tutorial
The Negotiation Tactics Cheat Sheet
Study and internalize these descriptions to better understand and identify many of the most common negotiation strategies and tactics your team will likely encounter in the field.View This Tool
Two Ways to Champion Pricing Initiatives
This case history details how one pricing champion used two different approaches to gain support and approval...and got very different results. Find out which approach worked better.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges