Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
Veteran Pricing Professional Lydia DiLiello on How to Work More Effectively with the Executive Management Team
A common refrain amongst B2B pricing people is that their executive management just doesn't get it. And as a result, the C-suite doesn't provide the level of support for pricing improvement that is warranted. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, a pricing practitioner with decades of experience, you will learn about:
- How executive management tends to view pricing in the overall scheme of things and in-relation to other issues.
- Using better ways to package and present your pricing information and proposals to executive management.
- How to minimize perceived risks around your pricing recommendations and make it easy for execs to say "yes".
- Developing the "soft" skills that can make you more effective and help you avoid getting typecast as an analyst.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
A Modern Approach for Fixing a Costly Profit Leak
We recently went through a virtual negotiation training program that can help close the massive skills gap between buyers and sellers. In this research brief, we share our impressions and recommendations.View This Research
Developing Better Relationships with the Sales Team
Sales and pricing will rarely see eye to eye. Greg Preuer, Director of Pricing at Cooper Lighting, shares his experiences on how he's been able to work more effectively with the sales team.View This Interview
Making Change Happen
How do you get executives to recognize a need for change? How do you get an organization to move away from the status quo and actually embrace doing things differently? How do you foster true adoption, as opposed to merely forced compliance?View This Webinar
How to Break Out of Your Pricing Silo
In this expert interview, Mark Burton of Holden Advisors shares his latest insights and advice for getting beyond tactical analysis and taking your pricing department to the next level.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Pricing Through Uncertainty
Strategies and Tactics for Navigating the Ambiguity and Risk in Pricing