Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
Veteran Pricing Professional Lydia DiLiello on How to Work More Effectively with the Executive Management Team
A common refrain amongst B2B pricing people is that their executive management just doesn't get it. And as a result, the C-suite doesn't provide the level of support for pricing improvement that is warranted. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, a pricing practitioner with decades of experience, you will learn about:
- How executive management tends to view pricing in the overall scheme of things and in-relation to other issues.
- Using better ways to package and present your pricing information and proposals to executive management.
- How to minimize perceived risks around your pricing recommendations and make it easy for execs to say "yes".
- Developing the "soft" skills that can make you more effective and help you avoid getting typecast as an analyst.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Right Way to Manage and Enable Change
How do you encourage, enable, and manage organizational change when the deck is stacked against you? In this in-depth interview, Scott McAllister and Suraj Mohandas share the quantifiable benefits of effective change management and expose the essential steps that are required to get it right.View This Interview
Pros & Cons of Different Pricing Locations
To help guide your decision about where to locate a dedicated Pricing function in your business, we've compiled this reference table outlining four typical locations, the rationale for each location, as well as the top pros and cons that have been reported.View This Tool
Building a Pricing Center of Excellence
Experts have long argued that centralized pricing is the ideal model for driving performance improvement. But these days, companies are finding success taking a different approach---the Pricing Center of Excellence.View This Webinar
The Negotiation Tactics Cheat Sheet
Study and internalize these descriptions to better understand and identify many of the most common negotiation strategies and tactics your team will likely encounter in the field.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Getting Control of Discounting
Enabling a More Disciplined & Deliberate Approach to Discounting