Three Core Pricing Skills No One Talks About
Learn About Three Areas That Are Often Overlooked When It Comes to Pricing Skills
For many B2B companies today, increasing organizational knowledge around pricing is a priority. But this education can often be overly focused on many of the more tactical aspects of pricing and completely ignore some skills that are really important. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The three areas that your key marketing, sales, and product people need to be knowledgeable and proficient in.
- Why it's more important than ever to have a solid, fact-based understanding of your prospects and competitors.
- How attempting to “fix” pricing issues by focusing on the price-points themselves can be detrimental to profitability.
- The one skill the best pricing professionals possess that is easy to overlook and ignore...but possible to learn.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Managing Your "Minimum Advertised Price"
Many manufacturers have augmented their channel strategies with MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policies. While not a panacea, MAP policies can mitigate many channel control and conflict issues. In this guide, we expose 20 strategies and tactics for more effective MAP policies and programs.View This Guide
Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able influence all of the different functional groups involved. This guide exposes how to influence the upstream decisions that can ultimately make or break your pricing efforts.View This Guide
The Anatomy of a Successful B2B Pricing Analyst
What key competencies are most important for a B2B pricing analyst to have? This guide covers PricingBrew Network research into the 21 most important attributes, skills, and capabilities for B2B pricing analysts to develop or possess.View This Guide
How to Tackle Trade Tariffs
In this insightful conversation, Sean Arnold helps us sort through the issues and understand our options when addressing the latest addition to our list of pricing challenges: trade tariffs.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges