Here at PricingBrew, we get a lot of questions from people who are just getting started in B2B pricing. Many organizations haven’t had a pricing team in the past, and they aren’t really sure where to begin.
With these folks in mind, we’ve put together a training course for B2B pricing beginners. This course will introduce you to some of the key concepts like segmentation and analysis. It offers advice on both a strategic and a tactical level, and it walks you through the process of convincing management of the importance of having a B2B pricing team. You’ll also learn what the best B2B pricing teams are doing well and how to avoid some common missteps.
Online Training Course for B2B Pricing Beginners
- The Essence of Strategic Pricing — There’s no better place to start your B2B pricing journey than with a solid understanding of how pricing fits into the big picture at your organization. This session introduces you to the key focus areas for B2B pricing practitioners and helps you develop the right mindset for success.
- The Fundamentals of Effective Pricing Analysis — Technology tools have become a critical part of the pricing discipline, and this online training helps you understand how to use them effectively. It explains the differences between reporting and analytics and introduces key concepts like segmentation, corrective analysis, directive analysis and the importance of choosing the right comparative basis.
- The Fundamentals of Price Segmentation — Those who are the most successful at B2B pricing recognize that different customers are willing to pay different prices, and they don’t leave any money on the table. In this session, you’ll learn the basics of price segmentation and key tips for getting the sales team to adopt your price segmentation strategy.
- Choosing the Best Path Toward B2B Pricing Improvement — When embarking on their journey toward pricing improvement, organizations typically choose one of two paths. Research shows that one of these paths leads to faster total time to value, a higher total return, and a host of other benefits. Choose wisely.
- Powerhouse Pricing Teams — We’re firm believers that one of the best ways to achieve success is to do more of what has worked well in the past. In this webinar, you’ll learn what the strongest B2B pricing teams are doing right and how you can emulate their strengths as you set up your own team.
- Proving the Value of B2B Pricing — Before you can embark on a B2B pricing initiative, you’re going to have to demonstrate the value of the discipline to management. This isn’t something that you do once—it’s an ongoing process that will need to be a significant part of your efforts all the time.
- Making Change Happen — In order for your B2B pricing efforts to be successful, you’re going to need buy-in from sales, marketing, management, finance and a lot of other groups. This resource helps you understand why change is difficult for any organization and how you can minimize the time and effort required to get your company to do things a little differently.
- Identifying and Capturing Profitable “Quick Wins” — Once management has given you the OK to start working on a B2B pricing project, you’re going to be under the gun to show results right away. While the most significant improvements will take time, the techniques covered in this session can help you experience some fast success that will set you up for more of the same in the future.
Getting started with B2B pricing for the first time can be a really exciting time for your organization. You have the opportunity to do things right the first time and to make a huge difference in the profitability of your company. The training above will help you head in the right direction, and we encourage you to continue participating in our ongoing webinars in order to further increase your knowledge of B2B pricing strategies and tactics that have proven successful. Don’t forget, you can also ask questions of our network of B2B pricing practitioners, who can tell you what has worked for their organizations.