Analytics or Optimization… Which Do You Need?
An Experienced Practitioner's Perspective on Selecting the Right Pricing Technology for the Job
When it comes to pricing technologies like analytics and optimization, it's difficult to know which direction to take. But what if you could hear from an experienced practitioner who has actually used both pricing analytics and price optimization? In this guide, you'll learn about:
- Why pricing analytics and price optimization should be viewed as being two radically different technologies.
- How analytics and optimization technologies compare on six operational aspects you'll never hear about elsewhere.
- Why Total Cost of Ownership comparisons between these technologies could lead you to draw wrong conclusions.
- What you need to consider about your objectives and available resources in order to make the best decision.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Fundamentals of Price Segmentation
In this recorded training seminar, we explain the concept of price segmentation and why it's such a powerful and important tool. We explore the essential process and even walk through a step-by-step exercise, building an example price segmentation model from scratch.View This Webinar
How to Prevent Margin Meltdowns in the Field
When your salespeople adopt better pricing and discounting habits, your strategies can become much more powerful than they were on paper. In this tutorial, learn seven real-world strategies and tactics for getting B2B salespeople to price and discount more effectively.View This Tutorial
Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able influence all of the different functional groups involved. This guide exposes how to influence the upstream decisions that can ultimately make or break your pricing efforts.View This Guide
Are They a Price Buyer or a Poker Player?
It's easy to assume that when a buyer says they need a lower price, they really mean it. But making the wrong assumption can be very costly. Nelson Hyde explains how to tell when a buyer is bluffing.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges