Analytics or Optimization… Which Do You Need?
An Experienced Practitioner's Perspective on Selecting the Right Pricing Technology for the Job
When it comes to pricing technologies like analytics and optimization, it's difficult to know which direction to take. But what if you could hear from an experienced practitioner who has actually used both pricing analytics and price optimization? In this guide, you'll learn about:
- Why pricing analytics and price optimization should be viewed as being two radically different technologies.
- How analytics and optimization technologies compare on six operational aspects you'll never hear about elsewhere.
- Why Total Cost of Ownership comparisons between these technologies could lead you to draw wrong conclusions.
- What you need to consider about your objectives and available resources in order to make the best decision.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Essence of Strategic Pricing
It's easy to fill your to-do list with all sorts of tactical pricing tasks. But if you're only focusing on those, it's hard to generate significant results. View this recorded training seminar and learn about tackling the most powerful and effective aspects of real strategic pricing.View This Webinar
5 Pricing Trends You Can't Afford to Ignore
From our unique vantage point, we've identified a number of larger trends that pricing teams need to be prepared for. In this on-demand webinar, we explore five of these trends and discuss the implications and ramifications.View This Webinar
How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
We wanted to better understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain skills in negotiation. Explore what we learned in this Research Brief, complete with helpful charts and analysis.View This Research
Three Types of Buyers That Don't Buy on Price
Research says that 60-70% of buyers aren't price buyers---lower your price for them and you just give margin away. Learn how to identify the types of buyers where additional discounts won't help you win the business.View This Diagnostic
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Building the Right Pricing Habits
Learn the Behaviors that Separate the True Pricing Professionals from Everyone Else