Being An Internal Pricing Consultant
Leveraging a "Consulting" Mindset and Approach To Improve Pricing in B2B Environments
In many ways, the deck seems to be stacked against internal B2B pricing functions. After all, in a typical B2B environment, many different groups are contributing to the overall pricing process, for better or worse. And in most cases, none of these contributors will be under the direct authority of the pricing team. So it would seem that frustration, conflict, and "spinning wheels" are inevitable. That said, many leading pricing teams have discovered how a "consulting" mindset and approach can alter these dynamics to make driving meaningful improvement much easier...and far less frustrating. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- When, where, and why a "pricing consultant" approach can be more appropriate and effective.
- How a consultant thinks about improvement and identifies priority issues and opportunities.
- The "soft skills" that consultants employ to drive results in cross-functional environments.
- Five of the most productive and timely "go to" initiatives in a pricing consultant's toolbox.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exposing the Truth About Value-Based Pricing
In this Expert Interview, Stephan Liozu discusses what it really means to practice value-based pricing in a B2B environment. And here's a hint --- there's a lot more to it than many would have us believe!View This Interview
The Leading Edge of Customer-Specific Pricing
In this Expert Interview, Pete Eppele discusses current best practices and sheds light on what leading pricing functions are doing right now to manage and optimize their customer-specific pricing.View This Interview
How to Explain Price Segmentation to Others
As powerful as it is, price segmentation can sometimes be difficult for people outside of pricing to understand. This tutorial simplifies the concepts so that just about anyone can understand this important and foundational concept.View This Tutorial
How to Combat Competitive Pricing Pressure
What's the best way to manage competitive pricing pressure? In this 4-part training webinar, we share 20 strategies and tactics leading pricing teams are using to anticipate competitive moves, minimize their impact, and respond more effectively.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Making Pricing More Responsive
Strategies and Tactics for Boosting Pricing Responsiveness and Agility