Being An Internal Pricing Consultant
Leveraging a "Consulting" Mindset and Approach To Improve Pricing in B2B Environments
In many ways, the deck seems to be stacked against internal B2B pricing functions. After all, in a typical B2B environment, many different groups are contributing to the overall pricing process, for better or worse. And in most cases, none of these contributors will be under the direct authority of the pricing team. So it would seem that frustration, conflict, and "spinning wheels" are inevitable. That said, many leading pricing teams have discovered how a "consulting" mindset and approach can alter these dynamics to make driving meaningful improvement much easier...and far less frustrating. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- When, where, and why a "pricing consultant" approach can be more appropriate and effective.
- How a consultant thinks about improvement and identifies priority issues and opportunities.
- The "soft skills" that consultants employ to drive results in cross-functional environments.
- Five of the most productive and timely "go to" initiatives in a pricing consultant's toolbox.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Getting to the Right Number
In this Expert Interview, Walter Paczkowski shares his perspectives on the challenges and opportunities he's identified in his work using advanced quantitative techniques to set better prices.View This Interview
13 Unique Price Segmentation Attributes
When you identify meaningful segmentation attributes, you also uncover a source of competitive advantage. This research brief explores a variety of unique price segmentation attributes that companies in the PricingBrew Network have found to be important.View This Research
Getting the Top Job in B2B Pricing
How do you become a Vice President of Pricing at a multi-billion dollar B2B company? A great first step is to get some advice from someone like Dick Braun, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at Parker Hannifin.View This Interview
Suffering from a Costly Case of Sticker Shock
In B2B environments where discounting is habitual, it's easy to think that your list prices don't really matter all that much. But before you conclude that list prices are inconsequential in your business, consider this case of a B2B reseller who just couldn't see what they were missing.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Getting Control of Discounting
Enabling a More Disciplined & Deliberate Approach to Discounting