Being Fearless When Facing Procurement
Chris Provines, the Author of Selling to Procurement, Reveals the Goals, Motivations, and Tactics of Today's Purchasing Professionals
Just the hint that Procurement might be getting involved in a deal can cause even the most seasoned sales professionals to start calculating discounts and extending forecast timelines. In this recorded and transcribed interview with Chris Provines, the CEO of Value Vantage Partners and the author of Selling to Procurement, you will learn about:
- The underlying business and market dynamics that have led to a massive boost in procurement's power and influence.
- How understanding your opponent's motivations and goals can reduce the fear and uncertainty in your dealings.
- The common tactics that purchasing professionals will use and how to prepare your team to handle them effectively.
- How procurement's goals and your sales quotas are destined to collide in the future and put even more pressure on margins.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exposing Your Differential Value Step-by-Step
This tutorial cuts through the apparent complexity of value-based pricing to provide simplified, step-by-step process for understanding and exposing the differential value of your offerings.View This Tutorial
Boosting ASPs (Average Selling Prices) to Drive Profitability
The use of averages are as common in business as they are in sports. Average selling prices (ASPs), however, can hide a lot of profitable truths. In this case study, Peter Maniscalco reveals how one building materials company dug deeper to find profitable opportunities.View This Case Study
A Modern Approach for Fixing a Costly Profit Leak
We recently went through a virtual negotiation training program that can help close the massive skills gap between buyers and sellers. In this research brief, we share our impressions and recommendations.View This Research
How to Combat Competitive Pricing Pressure
How should you handle competitive pricing pressure? In this on-demand training session, you'll learn about 20 strategies and tactics leading pricing teams are using to anticipate competitive moves, minimize their impact, and respond more effectively.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges