Being Fearless When Facing Procurement
Chris Provines, the Author of Selling to Procurement, Reveals the Goals, Motivations, and Tactics of Today's Purchasing Professionals
Just the hint that Procurement might be getting involved in a deal can cause even the most seasoned sales professionals to start calculating discounts and extending forecast timelines. In this recorded and transcribed interview with Chris Provines, the CEO of Value Vantage Partners and the author of Selling to Procurement, you will learn about:
- The underlying business and market dynamics that have led to a massive boost in procurement's power and influence.
- How understanding your opponent's motivations and goals can reduce the fear and uncertainty in your dealings.
- The common tactics that purchasing professionals will use and how to prepare your team to handle them effectively.
- How procurement's goals and your sales quotas are destined to collide in the future and put even more pressure on margins.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Tackle Trade Tariffs
In this insightful conversation, Sean Arnold helps us sort through the issues and understand our options when addressing the latest addition to our list of pricing challenges: trade tariffs.View This Interview
The Multiple Dimensions of Value Chart
Use this chart of potential value-drivers along multiple dimensions to aid your initial brainstorming around how your offerings deliver value to your customers.View This Tool
Exposing the Secrets of Price Negotiation
How do you protect your margins when your sellers are so outmatched? How do you keep them from falling for every trick in the book? And what does your pricing team need to know to provide another layer of protection?View This Webinar
Exploring Four Different Types of Buyers
To win a negotiation without giving up too much, it's important to understand who's on the other side of the table. This interview with Nelson Hyde teaches you about four types of buyers --- how to identify them and how to deal with them.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges