Being Fearless When Facing Procurement
Chris Provines, the Author of Selling to Procurement, Reveals the Goals, Motivations, and Tactics of Today's Purchasing Professionals
Just the hint that Procurement might be getting involved in a deal can cause even the most seasoned sales professionals to start calculating discounts and extending forecast timelines. In this recorded and transcribed interview with Chris Provines, the CEO of Value Vantage Partners and the author of Selling to Procurement, you will learn about:
- The underlying business and market dynamics that have led to a massive boost in procurement's power and influence.
- How understanding your opponent's motivations and goals can reduce the fear and uncertainty in your dealings.
- The common tactics that purchasing professionals will use and how to prepare your team to handle them effectively.
- How procurement's goals and your sales quotas are destined to collide in the future and put even more pressure on margins.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Generating More Sales from Existing Customers
Many B2B companies struggle to identify untapped sales opportunities and maximize revenue from the customers they've already acquired. In this four-part recorded training session, learn what leading sales operations are doing differently to grow share-of-wallet with existing customers.View This Webinar
How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
We wanted to better understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain skills in negotiation. Explore what we learned in this Research Brief, complete with helpful charts and analysis.View This Research
Identifying the Right Unit of Value for Pricing
Simple pricing structures can hurt revenues and profits when they fail to align customer value and costs. This case study demonstrates how to identify the right "unit of value" for both pricing and costing purposes.View This Case Study
B2B eCommerce Pricing Practices
The prolonged global pandemic has kicked the B2B ecommerce trends into high gear. In this session, we dispel eight myths of B2B ecommerce and explore ten critical strategic pricing principles you'll want to embrace.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Leveraging Price Testing
Concepts and Considerations for More Accurate and Effective Price Testing