The Anatomy of a Successful B2B Pricing Analyst
PricingBrew Research Into the Most Important Attributes, Skills, and Capabilities for Successful Pricing Analysts
What key competencies and skills are most important for a B2B pricing analyst to have, or aspire to possess? We recently asked the PricingBrew Network for their input on this important question and compiled their responses for our subscribers. In this guide, you will learn about:
- The seven foundational attributes, mindsets, and perspectives you should look to hire or develop in your team.
- The six areas of "soft" skills and abilities that determine whether or not a pricing analyst is going to drive results.
- The eight areas of technical skill and ability in which successful pricing analysts should have a working knowledge.
- The major skills and abilities that are cited as being most important overall...and they're not what you might think.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able influence all of the different functional groups involved. This guide exposes how to influence the upstream decisions that can ultimately make or break your pricing efforts.View This Guide
Getting Your Salespeople to Price Better
Chances are, the behavior of your salespeople will ultimately determine whether your pricing strategies are effective or not. In this on-demand training seminar, learn proven approaches and strategies for getting your sales team to price and discount far more effectively.View This Webinar
Identifying Your Value Along Five Dimensions
It's best to present a well-rounded set of criteria upon which customers can base a buying decision. In this guide, you'll learn about five dimensions of value with over 50 potential value-drivers that can influence buying decisions.View This Diagnostic
How Customers Evaluate a Price
Customers aren't as logical in understanding value and assessing a price as you might think. In this guide, Mark Dresdner exposes eight factors that play an important role when a potential customer evaluates your prices.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Price Promotions in B2B
Understanding the Ins and Outs of Using Promo Pricing To Boost Sales Volume