The Anatomy of a Successful B2B Pricing Analyst
PricingBrew Research Into the Most Important Attributes, Skills, and Capabilities for Successful Pricing Analysts
What key competencies and skills are most important for a B2B pricing analyst to have, or aspire to possess? We recently asked the PricingBrew Network for their input on this important question and compiled their responses for our subscribers. In this guide, you will learn about:
- The seven foundational attributes, mindsets, and perspectives you should look to hire or develop in your team.
- The six areas of "soft" skills and abilities that determine whether or not a pricing analyst is going to drive results.
- The eight areas of technical skill and ability in which successful pricing analysts should have a working knowledge.
- The major skills and abilities that are cited as being most important overall...and they're not what you might think.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Building a Pricing Center of Excellence
Experts have long argued that centralized pricing is the ideal model for driving performance improvement. But these days, companies are finding success taking a different approach---the Pricing Center of Excellence.View This Webinar
Generating Cost-to-Serve Automagically
Creating accurate cost-to-serve estimates can be more difficult than people anticipate. In this tutorial, learn how to reduce the time and effort required to estimate the indirect costs of serving different customers.View This Tutorial
Pricing Psychology in B2B
While businesses do indeed have systems and policies to ensure greater rationality and consideration in purchasing, certain psychological factors can still have tremendous influence over price perceptions.View This Webinar
21 Questions About Your Price Segmentation
It can be difficult to know if your price segmentation model is as effective as it should be. This 21-point diagnostic assessment helps you measure how good your model really is and uncover potential areas of improvement.View This Diagnostic
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges