The Anatomy of a Successful B2B Pricing Analyst
PricingBrew Research Into the Most Important Attributes, Skills, and Capabilities for Successful Pricing Analysts
What key competencies and skills are most important for a B2B pricing analyst to have, or aspire to possess? We recently asked the PricingBrew Network for their input on this important question and compiled their responses for our subscribers. In this guide, you will learn about:
- The seven foundational attributes, mindsets, and perspectives you should look to hire or develop in your team.
- The six areas of "soft" skills and abilities that determine whether or not a pricing analyst is going to drive results.
- The eight areas of technical skill and ability in which successful pricing analysts should have a working knowledge.
- The major skills and abilities that are cited as being most important overall...and they're not what you might think.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Tackle Trade Tariffs
In this insightful conversation, Sean Arnold helps us sort through the issues and understand our options when addressing the latest addition to our list of pricing challenges: trade tariffs.View This Interview
Finding Margin Leaks in Your Sales Processes
Every sale is the result of a process. With any process, the quality of the final product is determined by the raw materials. This diagnostic helps improve pricing results by identifying root causes in your sales processes.View This Diagnostic
Leveraging the Power of Price Segmentation
In this Expert Interview, Paul Parsons discusses his experiences helping a number of distributors and manufacturers leverage the power of segmentation to boost their margins and profits.View This Interview
The Negotiation Tactics Cheat Sheet
Study and internalize these descriptions to better understand and identify many of the most common negotiation strategies and tactics your team will likely encounter in the field.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges