From Tactical to Strategic Pricing
How to Reduce the Firefighting and Become a More Strategic Pricing Function
Many of the pricing teams we interact with seem to be stuck. On the one hand, they know they need to focus on more strategic pursuits. But on the other hand, they're so mired in tactical grunt work and daily firefights that they never seem to make much progress. Beyond the sheer frustration of living with this dynamic, there's also a massive opportunity cost. So how have other pricing teams managed to make the transition? What steps did they take to become a much more strategic function? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Simple steps that others have taken to create the "space" for more strategic pricing endeavors.
- Selecting the right strategic priorities for your business situation and mix of available resources.
- Driving meaningful progress and producing results that warrant going further and doing more.
- How and when to talk about what you're doing, the results you've produced, and what's next.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Managing Mix to Improve Pricing
Product and customer mix have an incredible amount of influence over every aspect of your performance. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to get proactive about "rigging" your mix to your advantage.View This Webinar
The Fundamentals of Pricing Intelligence
In pricing, it's easy to feel like you're making decisions in a vacuum. But there are many powerful sources of pricing intelligence you can leverage. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to design and implement systems for tapping into those sources of intelligence and how best to respond.View This Webinar
Managing Your "Minimum Advertised Price"
Many manufacturers have augmented their channel strategies with MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policies. While not a panacea, MAP policies can mitigate many channel control and conflict issues. In this guide, we expose 20 strategies and tactics for more effective MAP policies and programs.View This Guide
More Effective Cross-Functional Pricing
Pricing in a B2B environment is cross-functional by nature. In this on-demand webinar, learn about improving overall pricing performance by working more effectively with other groups and departments.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges