From Tactical to Strategic Pricing
How to Reduce the Firefighting and Become a More Strategic Pricing Function
Many of the pricing teams we interact with seem to be stuck. On the one hand, they know they need to focus on more strategic pursuits. But on the other hand, they're so mired in tactical grunt work and daily firefights that they never seem to make much progress. Beyond the sheer frustration of living with this dynamic, there's also a massive opportunity cost. So how have other pricing teams managed to make the transition? What steps did they take to become a much more strategic function? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Simple steps that others have taken to create the "space" for more strategic pricing endeavors.
- Selecting the right strategic priorities for your business situation and mix of available resources.
- Driving meaningful progress and producing results that warrant going further and doing more.
- How and when to talk about what you're doing, the results you've produced, and what's next.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Functional Area Cheat Sheet
A quick overview of the common ways different internal groups can have an effect on pricing outcomes and suggestions for how you might be able to diplomatically help them help you.View This Tool
Managing Multichannel Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about market mapping, MAP policies, and other tactics and tips for minimizing the potential for channel conflict, reputational damage, and margin erosion.View This Webinar
Avoiding Five Margin-Killing MarCom Mistakes
A guide to common marketing communication mistakes that reduce your perceived value and pricing power.View This Guide
Three Core Pricing Skills That No One Talks About
For many B2B companies, increasing knowledge around pricing is a priority. But this education regularly ignores skills that are critically important. In this guide, learn about three areas that are often overlooked.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Pricing Configured Products
Strategies to Optimize Prices For Configurable and Custom Products