From Tactical to Strategic Pricing
How to Reduce the Firefighting and Become a More Strategic Pricing Function
Many of the pricing teams we interact with seem to be stuck. On the one hand, they know they need to focus on more strategic pursuits. But on the other hand, they're so mired in tactical grunt work and daily firefights that they never seem to make much progress. Beyond the sheer frustration of living with this dynamic, there's also a massive opportunity cost. So how have other pricing teams managed to make the transition? What steps did they take to become a much more strategic function? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Simple steps that others have taken to create the "space" for more strategic pricing endeavors.
- Selecting the right strategic priorities for your business situation and mix of available resources.
- Driving meaningful progress and producing results that warrant going further and doing more.
- How and when to talk about what you're doing, the results you've produced, and what's next.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Identifying Three Types of Customer Defection
This video guide shows how to identify the early signs of three costly types of customer defection and how to take action before it's too late to turn it around.View This Diagnostic
Exposing Your Differential Value Step-by-Step
This tutorial cuts through the apparent complexity of value-based pricing to provide simplified, step-by-step process for understanding and exposing the differential value of your offerings.View This Tutorial
Boosting ASPs (Average Selling Prices) to Drive Profitability
The use of averages are as common in business as they are in sports. Average selling prices (ASPs), however, can hide a lot of profitable truths. In this case study, Peter Maniscalco reveals how one building materials company dug deeper to find profitable opportunities.View This Case Study
Visualizing Data to See the Trees in the Forest
Walter Paczkowski on harnessing the power of data visualization to explore and explain the causes of margin leakage.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges