Getting Started in B2B Pricing
Explaining the Critical Concepts That B2B Pricing Professionals Need to Know
Some organizations haven't had a pricing team in the past, and want to know where to begin. Others have a well-established pricing team, but want to ensure everyone's up-to-speed on the fundamentals. With this in mind, we've put together an 8-part course that focuses on the key concepts like segmentation and analysis. It offers advice on both a strategic and a tactical level, and it walks you through the process of convincing management of the importance of having a B2B pricing team. You'll also learn what the best B2B pricing teams are doing well and how to avoid some common missteps.
- Learn the fundamentals of key concepts like segmentation and analysis.
- Discover what it really means to be a strategic B2B pricer.
- Understand how best to gain management support and driving organizational change.
- Gain insight into what the best B2B pricing teams do well and how to avoid common missteps.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
A conversation with veteran pricing professional Lydia DiLiello about working more effectively with executive management.View This Interview
How to Fight a Price War
In this on-demand webinar, learn strategies and tactics for preventing a price war, handling "dumb" competitors, de-escalating and avoiding provocative situations, and winning without actually fighting.View This Webinar
The Pros & Cons of B2B Pricing Strategies
The conventional wisdom around pricing strategy often fails to make clear that some of the "standard" options are extremely dangerous in B2B environments! In this on-demand webinar, learn which pricing strategies actually work...and which ones will destroy your margins.View This Webinar
How to Explain Price Segmentation to Others
As powerful as it is, price segmentation can sometimes be difficult for people outside of pricing to understand. This tutorial simplifies the concepts so that just about anyone can understand this important and foundational concept.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges