How Customers Evaluate a Price
Mark Dresdner of Stratapult Advisors Exposes Eight Factors Influencing Customers’ Perception of a Price
Customers do not apply an objective approach coupled with extensive research to determine value. Instead, a number of heuristics and emotional factors play an important role when potential customers assess a price. In this guide by Mark Dresdner of Stratapult Advisors, you'll learn:
- How prices that have been offered before can positively or negatively affect customers' perceptions of value.
- How comparison complexity is a double-edged sword that can work against you or be used to your advantage.
- How switching costs affect willingness-to-pay and what you can do to help mitigate the negative perceptions.
- How the various factors would be considered and used to formulate a pricing strategy in a real-world scenario.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Step-by-Step Marketing Research for Strategic Pricing
In this step-by-step tutorial, learn how to conduct marketing research---the only reliable way to gain the meaningful and actionable insights you need for effective strategic pricing.View This Tutorial
Creating & Managing a Pricing Governance Team
Pricing is often the culmination of many decisions made by many different groups across the company. In this guide, learn to embrace the inter-connected nature of pricing in a B2B environment by giving stakeholders a voice.View This Guide
Leveraging the Power of Price Segmentation
In this Expert Interview, Paul Parsons discusses his experiences helping a number of distributors and manufacturers leverage the power of segmentation to boost their margins and profits.View This Interview
Pricing Services to Customer Value
When you’re selling services or project work, it can be challenging to get customers to focus on the value being delivered or exchanged. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to improve revenue and margins when your offering is largely intangible.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges