How Customers Evaluate a Price
Mark Dresdner of Stratapult Advisors Exposes Eight Factors Influencing Customers’ Perception of a Price
Customers do not apply an objective approach coupled with extensive research to determine value. Instead, a number of heuristics and emotional factors play an important role when potential customers assess a price. In this guide by Mark Dresdner of Stratapult Advisors, you'll learn:
- How prices that have been offered before can positively or negatively affect customers' perceptions of value.
- How comparison complexity is a double-edged sword that can work against you or be used to your advantage.
- How switching costs affect willingness-to-pay and what you can do to help mitigate the negative perceptions.
- How the various factors would be considered and used to formulate a pricing strategy in a real-world scenario.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Six Price Optimization Misconceptions Exposed
Price optimization can provide a significant competitive advantage for the companies that have adopted it. This guide explores the mistaken beliefs that could be costing you sales & margin dollars.View This Guide
Three Core Pricing Skills That No One Talks About
For many B2B companies, increasing knowledge around pricing is a priority. But this education regularly ignores skills that are critically important. In this guide, learn about three areas that are often overlooked.View This Guide
The Multiple Dimensions of Value Chart
Use this chart of potential value-drivers along multiple dimensions to aid your initial brainstorming around how your offerings deliver value to your customers.View This Tool
How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
While no variable comp approach is ever perfect, you stand a much better chance when you minimize the unintended consequences. This guide exposes the problems with various schemes and explores potential solutions.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges