How Customers Evaluate a Price
Mark Dresdner of Stratapult Advisors Exposes Eight Factors Influencing Customers’ Perception of a Price
Customers do not apply an objective approach coupled with extensive research to determine value. Instead, a number of heuristics and emotional factors play an important role when potential customers assess a price. In this guide by Mark Dresdner of Stratapult Advisors, you'll learn:
- How prices that have been offered before can positively or negatively affect customers' perceptions of value.
- How comparison complexity is a double-edged sword that can work against you or be used to your advantage.
- How switching costs affect willingness-to-pay and what you can do to help mitigate the negative perceptions.
- How the various factors would be considered and used to formulate a pricing strategy in a real-world scenario.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Fighting Over-Discounting in the Field
Over-discounting in the field is a frustrating reality for most B2B pricing teams. So, how do you prevent it from happening? In this Expert Interview, Chaz Napoli shares the strategies and tactics he's found to be effective through hundreds of customer engagements.View This Interview
Step-by-Step Competitive Analysis for Strategic Pricing
How to use competitive analysis to identify actionable opportunities to gain strategic advantage, expose competitive gaps, provide differentiation beyond price, and reduce the pressure to discount.View This Tutorial
The Pricing Practitioner's Primer on B2B Sales
To be most effective in B2B environments, pricing professionals need to learn as much as they can about their sales function. In this on-demand webinar, learn more about aspects of sales people and processes that can affect pricing performance.View This Webinar
The Competitor Assessment Scorecard
Use this scorecard to assess your competitors relative to each other and yourself on the various elements of the Triangulated Competitive Audit.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges