How Customers Evaluate a Price
Mark Dresdner of Stratapult Advisors Exposes Eight Factors Influencing Customers’ Perception of a Price
Customers do not apply an objective approach coupled with extensive research to determine value. Instead, a number of heuristics and emotional factors play an important role when potential customers assess a price. In this guide by Mark Dresdner of Stratapult Advisors, you'll learn:
- How prices that have been offered before can positively or negatively affect customers' perceptions of value.
- How comparison complexity is a double-edged sword that can work against you or be used to your advantage.
- How switching costs affect willingness-to-pay and what you can do to help mitigate the negative perceptions.
- How the various factors would be considered and used to formulate a pricing strategy in a real-world scenario.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Building a Better Bid Desk
Large bids and quotes can have huge impacts on everything from revenue and profit to capacity utilization and strategic positioning. In this on-demand training session, learn strategies and tactics for improving the effectiveness of your bid desk.View This Webinar
Survival Strategies for Raising Prices
In this on-demand training seminar, learn why some B2B companies struggle with price increases while others are able to do it with far less pain and angst. What are leading companies doing differently to execute price increases with far less risk, conflict, and uncertainty?View This Webinar
Managing Multichannel Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about market mapping, MAP policies, and other tactics and tips for minimizing the potential for channel conflict, reputational damage, and margin erosion.View This Webinar
Timing Your Pricing Actions for Success
The timing of your pricing actions can greatly influence how those actions are perceived and received. In this Express Guide, learn how to time your pricing actions to minimize conflict and maximize acceptance.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges