How to Price New Products
Exploring Core Strategies and Processes for Dealing with the Realities of New Product Pricing
It's safe to say that every pricing practitioner or pricing team will have to deal with new products at some point. But the reality of these situations is often far from ideal, or what would be considered to be "best practice". In this training session replay, you will learn about:
- Three fairly common "new product pricing" scenarios that pricing teams will likely encounter in their businesses.
- The core processes that can help overcome the common issues when dealing with products that are entirely new.
- Why you shouldn't take shortcuts when pricing products that are incremental improvements on existing products.
- How the nature of the problem changes with products that are designed to fulfill a strategic need in your portfolio.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Seven Steps to Identify and Capture Your Value
When it comes to value-based pricing, it's easy to get sidetracked by all of the apparent complexity. In this tutorial, learn the fundamental process steps that are crucial for success.View This Tutorial
How to Retain Your Key Customers
When you lose business from existing accounts, the sales team must acquire even more new business to compensate. In this on-demand training session, learn how pricing analysis skills are ideal to identify and minimize revenue attrition and customer defection.View This Webinar
Boosting ASPs (Average Selling Prices) to Drive Profitability
The use of averages are as common in business as they are in sports. Average selling prices (ASPs), however, can hide a lot of profitable truths. In this case study, Peter Maniscalco reveals how one building materials company dug deeper to find profitable opportunities.View This Case Study
Do European Companies Really Price Better?
In this informative interview, Per Sjofors, the founder and CEO of Atenga, defends his bold assertion that European companies lead US companies in the development of pricing capabilities and processes.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges