Questions & Answers with Reed Holden
A Godfather of the Modern Pricing Practice Talks to PricingBrew About the “Hidden” Challenges in B2B Pricing
As a co-author of the original editions of “The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing”, Reed Holden helped create and define the modern pricing practice as we know it. In this interview, Reed shares some of his wisdom and insight from his many years of working with countless companies and clients.
- Why B2B companies almost always have a hidden pricing problem that really isn’t that difficult to find.
- The key insight that often creates an “Aha!” moment for many of the companies Reed has worked with.
- Why procurement tricks and tactics to get extra discounts are making it harder for pricing professionals.
- How many executives think they have to keep giving more discounts to survive...and why they're wrong.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The B2B Pricing Capability Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement and help gauge the competitiveness of your company's strategic and tactical pricing capabilities, simply answer the 52 questions in this straightforward self-assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible.View This Tool
Identifying the Right Unit of Value for Pricing
Simple pricing structures can hurt revenues and profits when they fail to align customer value and costs. This case study demonstrates how to identify the right "unit of value" for both pricing and costing purposes.View This Case Study
The Multiple Dimensions of Value Chart
Use this chart of potential value-drivers along multiple dimensions to aid your initial brainstorming around how your offerings deliver value to your customers.View This Tool
Analytics or Optimization... Which Do You Need?
When it comes to pricing technologies like pricing analytics and optimization, it's difficult to know which direction to take. But what if you could hear from an experienced practitioner who has actually used both pricing analytics and price optimization?View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges