Questions & Answers with Reed Holden
A Godfather of the Modern Pricing Practice Talks to PricingBrew About the “Hidden” Challenges in B2B Pricing
As a co-author of the original editions of “The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing”, Reed Holden helped create and define the modern pricing practice as we know it. In this interview, Reed shares some of his wisdom and insight from his many years of working with countless companies and clients.
- Why B2B companies almost always have a hidden pricing problem that really isn’t that difficult to find.
- The key insight that often creates an “Aha!” moment for many of the companies Reed has worked with.
- Why procurement tricks and tactics to get extra discounts are making it harder for pricing professionals.
- How many executives think they have to keep giving more discounts to survive...and why they're wrong.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
17 Customer Insights for More Strategic Pricing
Having a better understanding of your buyers can help make profitable pricing outcomes the natural result. This guide reveals 17 powerful customer insights that are proven to be beneficial for creating advantageous pricing conditions.View This Guide
Understanding How B2B Pricing Is Different
It's dangerous to assume that the pricing principles are the same whether the buyer is an individual consumer or a business. This guide explains five important differences between B2B and B2C pricing and how you can use them to your advantage.View This Guide
Selling Your Pricing Initiative
Want to get your pricing initiative approved? In this on-demand webinar, learn how to structure and deliver your investment "case" in such a way that approval is almost a foregone conclusion.View This Webinar
Exposing the Truth About Value-Based Pricing
In this Expert Interview, Stephan Liozu discusses what it really means to practice value-based pricing in a B2B environment. And here's a hint --- there's a lot more to it than many would have us believe!View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges