Questions & Answers with Reed Holden
A Godfather of the Modern Pricing Practice Talks to PricingBrew About the “Hidden” Challenges in B2B Pricing
As a co-author of the original editions of “The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing”, Reed Holden helped create and define the modern pricing practice as we know it. In this interview, Reed shares some of his wisdom and insight from his many years of working with countless companies and clients.
- Why B2B companies almost always have a hidden pricing problem that really isn’t that difficult to find.
- The key insight that often creates an “Aha!” moment for many of the companies Reed has worked with.
- Why procurement tricks and tactics to get extra discounts are making it harder for pricing professionals.
- How many executives think they have to keep giving more discounts to survive...and why they're wrong.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand webinar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
Profitable Pricing Enablement
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about the new "best practice" of leveraging data and technology to distribute pricing authority and control, without sacrificing improved pricing performance.View This Webinar
Getting the Most Out of Price Segmentation
The process of building or improving a price segmentation model can seem like a daunting task. In this on-demand training seminar, we discuss best practices and straightforward techniques for improving the quality and accuracy of your price segmentation model.View This Webinar
Managing Multichannel Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about market mapping, MAP policies, and other tactics and tips for minimizing the potential for channel conflict, reputational damage, and margin erosion.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges