Questions & Answers with Reed Holden
A Godfather of the Modern Pricing Practice Talks to PricingBrew About the “Hidden” Challenges in B2B Pricing
As a co-author of the original editions of “The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing”, Reed Holden helped create and define the modern pricing practice as we know it. In this interview, Reed shares some of his wisdom and insight from his many years of working with countless companies and clients.
- Why B2B companies almost always have a hidden pricing problem that really isn’t that difficult to find.
- The key insight that often creates an “Aha!” moment for many of the companies Reed has worked with.
- Why procurement tricks and tactics to get extra discounts are making it harder for pricing professionals.
- How many executives think they have to keep giving more discounts to survive...and why they're wrong.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Tales from the Trenches in B2B Pricing
Pricing improvement in B2B can be a messy affair. In this on-demand webinar, glean insights from ten cautionary case studies so you don't repeat the same mistakes and miscalculations.View This Webinar
Effective Internal Marketing for Pricing Initiatives
Pricing initiatives don't happen overnight and organizational support can wane over time. Without some thoughtful planning, initiatives can end-up fading into the background. Learn the approaches two companies used to keep support and momentum going.View This Case Study
Boosting ASPs (Average Selling Prices) to Drive Profitability
The use of averages are as common in business as they are in sports. Average selling prices (ASPs), however, can hide a lot of profitable truths. In this case study, Peter Maniscalco reveals how one building materials company dug deeper to find profitable opportunities.View This Case Study
Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able influence all of the different functional groups involved. This guide exposes how to influence the upstream decisions that can ultimately make or break your pricing efforts.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges