Questions & Answers with Reed Holden
A Godfather of the Modern Pricing Practice Talks to PricingBrew About the “Hidden” Challenges in B2B Pricing
As a co-author of the original editions of “The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing”, Reed Holden helped create and define the modern pricing practice as we know it. In this interview, Reed shares some of his wisdom and insight from his many years of working with countless companies and clients.
- Why B2B companies almost always have a hidden pricing problem that really isn’t that difficult to find.
- The key insight that often creates an “Aha!” moment for many of the companies Reed has worked with.
- Why procurement tricks and tactics to get extra discounts are making it harder for pricing professionals.
- How many executives think they have to keep giving more discounts to survive...and why they're wrong.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Business-to-Business Price Elasticity
In this recorded training session, we explain the fundamentals of price elasticity in straightforward terms, explore the various principles involved, and provides valuable tips and insights to help you get started toward leveraging this most powerful measure in B2B pricing.View This Webinar
Identifying the Right Unit of Value for Pricing
Simple pricing structures can hurt revenues and profits when they fail to align customer value and costs. This case study demonstrates how to identify the right "unit of value" for both pricing and costing purposes.View This Case Study
Survival Strategies for Raising Prices
In this on-demand training seminar, learn why some B2B companies struggle with price increases while others are able to do it with far less pain and angst. What are leading companies doing differently to execute price increases with far less risk, conflict, and uncertainty?View This Webinar
Pros & Cons of Different Pricing Locations
To help guide your decision about where to locate a dedicated Pricing function in your business, we've compiled this reference table outlining four typical locations, the rationale for each location, as well as the top pros and cons that have been reported.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges