Using The "Measurement Effect" to Improve Margins
How Getting Your Own House in Order Can Have a Positive Influence on Pricing Outcomes
When it comes to finding problems or failings with pricing and discounting, the sales department is a sitting duck. But before you go pointing fingers, it's good to ensure you have your own house in order--not just because you want to avoid potential backfire, but because you're also likely to see other positive effects. In this tutorial, you'll learn:
- Why the "Measurement Effect" can start having a positive influence on pricing and discounting behaviors in the field.
- The key to leveraging this effect with your sales team and the 3 critical approaches that can push them into action.
- The metrics you'll want to have in place before you get started and other important things to keep in mind.
- How other companies have been able to use this powerful effect to there advantage--some by accident.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Selling Your Pricing Initiative
Want to get your pricing initiative approved? In this on-demand webinar, learn how to structure and deliver your investment "case" in such a way that approval is almost a foregone conclusion.View This Webinar
Five Strategies for Better Price Segmentation
A video guide that explores five strategies and considerations to make your price segmentation more powerful and profitable.View This Guide
How Technology Can Pay You & Your Company
A successful pricing technology initiative can do wonders for your company's bottom line as well as the trajectory of your career. In this tutorial, learn the 4 key steps to take and the 5 land mines to avoid.View This Tutorial
Avoiding the Top 10 Pricing Mistakes
You're going to make mistakes. But if you can avoid the biggest mistakes, you're definitely rigging the game in your favor. In this on-demand webinar, learn about the top 10 mistakes that other pricing groups have made along the way.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges