Using The "Measurement Effect" to Improve Margins
How Getting Your Own House in Order Can Have a Positive Influence on Pricing Outcomes
When it comes to finding problems or failings with pricing and discounting, the sales department is a sitting duck. But before you go pointing fingers, it's good to ensure you have your own house in order--not just because you want to avoid potential backfire, but because you're also likely to see other positive effects. In this tutorial, you'll learn:
- Why the "Measurement Effect" can start having a positive influence on pricing and discounting behaviors in the field.
- The key to leveraging this effect with your sales team and the 3 critical approaches that can push them into action.
- The metrics you'll want to have in place before you get started and other important things to keep in mind.
- How other companies have been able to use this powerful effect to there advantage--some by accident.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Myth Vs. Reality in Pricing Technology
This special report exposes seven of the most common and costly pricing technology myths and misconceptions we've encountered in our research. Find out if outdated beliefs are causing you to fall further and further behind.View This Research
Tackling Sales Comp to Drive Pricing Excellence
In this expert interview, Bob Vezeau, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at WestRock, discusses his experiences redesigning the company's sales compensation platform to better align with pricing excellence.View This Interview
From Tactical to Strategic Pricing
Some teams are so mired in tactical grunt work and daily firefights that they never make progress on strategic pursuits. How have other pricing teams transitioned into more strategic functions? What steps did they take?View This Webinar
Isolating the Impacts of Price, Volume, Cost and Mix
Using this straightforward tool, you can finally put an end to the second guessing and skepticism by isolating and quantifying the contributions of price, volume, cost and mix to period-over-period revenue and margin differences.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges