Using The "Measurement Effect" to Improve Margins
How Getting Your Own House in Order Can Have a Positive Influence on Pricing Outcomes
When it comes to finding problems or failings with pricing and discounting, the sales department is a sitting duck. But before you go pointing fingers, it's good to ensure you have your own house in order--not just because you want to avoid potential backfire, but because you're also likely to see other positive effects. In this tutorial, you'll learn:
- Why the "Measurement Effect" can start having a positive influence on pricing and discounting behaviors in the field.
- The key to leveraging this effect with your sales team and the 3 critical approaches that can push them into action.
- The metrics you'll want to have in place before you get started and other important things to keep in mind.
- How other companies have been able to use this powerful effect to there advantage--some by accident.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Can You Benefit from Better Deal Management?
Horror stories of unprofitable or poorly managed deals seem to be all too common in B2B. In this guide by Elliot Yama, learn the common causes of bad deals and four signs that your deal management process is lacking.View This Guide
Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able influence all of the different functional groups involved. This guide exposes how to influence the upstream decisions that can ultimately make or break your pricing efforts.View This Guide
Boosting the Pricing Team's Influence
How can a B2B pricing team improve results when they don't control all the cooks in the kitchen? How can they be heard when others don't have to listen? In this session, learn the science of influence and persuasion.View This Webinar
How to Leverage Big Data & Pricing Science
In this expert interview, Jim Vaughn, the author of a new book called "Stop Racing in a Blindfold," talks about how to combine Big Data and Pricing Science to drive better financial results, at scale, and on a go-forward basis.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges