Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
Veteran Pricing Professional Lydia DiLiello on How to Work More Effectively with the Executive Management Team
A common refrain amongst B2B pricing people is that their executive management just doesn't get it. And as a result, the C-suite doesn't provide the level of support for pricing improvement that is warranted. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, a pricing practitioner with decades of experience, you will learn about:
- How executive management tends to view pricing in the overall scheme of things and in-relation to other issues.
- Using better ways to package and present your pricing information and proposals to executive management.
- How to minimize perceived risks around your pricing recommendations and make it easy for execs to say "yes".
- Developing the "soft" skills that can make you more effective and help you avoid getting typecast as an analyst.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
We wanted to better understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain skills in negotiation. Explore what we learned in this Research Brief, complete with helpful charts and analysis.View This Research
How Technology Can Pay You & Your Company
A successful pricing technology initiative can do wonders for your company's bottom line as well as the trajectory of your career. In this tutorial, learn the 4 key steps to take and the 5 land mines to avoid.View This Tutorial
When to Choose Profit, Revenue, or Both
As pricing people in B2B, we all have to deal with the "corporate schizophrenia" around revenue versus profit. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, we discuss how pricing teams can best deal with this oftentimes frustrating dynamic.View This Interview
Creating & Managing a Pricing Governance Team
Pricing is often the culmination of many decisions made by many different groups across the company. In this guide, learn to embrace the inter-connected nature of pricing in a B2B environment by giving stakeholders a voice.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges