Understanding How B2B Pricing Is Different
Exploring, Understanding, and Embracing Five Critical Differences Between B2B and B2C Pricing
It's easy to believe that pricing is a generalized discipline where the basics are the same whether the buyer is a consumer or a business. But when the differences between B2B and B2C pricing aren't fully understood, there can be dire consequences. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The 5 key differences between B2B and B2C pricing that many people fail to recognize.
- Why B2B pricing often has the data and potential that B2C pricers can only dream of.
- How negotiation is such a powerful aspect of B2B pricing and why your pricing efforts should exploit it.
- The reason why B2C concepts applied to B2B can be like giving the wrong medication to a patient.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Improving Your Price Lists
For many, price lists are their primary means of delivering prices to the field. But because they are such blunt instruments, price lists are not ideal for price realization. So how do you improve performance using price lists?View This Webinar
How to Combat Competitive Pricing Pressure
What's the best way to manage competitive pricing pressure? In this 4-part training webinar, we share 20 strategies and tactics leading pricing teams are using to anticipate competitive moves, minimize their impact, and respond more effectively.View This Webinar
Stop Being Afraid of Procurement
In this interview with Chris Provines, author of "Selling to Procurement", get an inside look at the goals and tactics of the purchasing people who are working so hard to get your salespeople to give up margin.View This Interview
Seize the Pricing Opportunity Before Others Do
In this conversation with David Bauders, the Founder and President of Strategic Pricing Associates (SPA), you'll glean insights and tips from his experiences working with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Price Promotions in B2B
Understanding the Ins and Outs of Using Promo Pricing To Boost Sales Volume