Understanding How B2B Pricing Is Different
Exploring, Understanding, and Embracing Five Critical Differences Between B2B and B2C Pricing
It's easy to believe that pricing is a generalized discipline where the basics are the same whether the buyer is a consumer or a business. But when the differences between B2B and B2C pricing aren't fully understood, there can be dire consequences. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The 5 key differences between B2B and B2C pricing that many people fail to recognize.
- Why B2B pricing often has the data and potential that B2C pricers can only dream of.
- How negotiation is such a powerful aspect of B2B pricing and why your pricing efforts should exploit it.
- The reason why B2C concepts applied to B2B can be like giving the wrong medication to a patient.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
A conversation with veteran pricing professional Lydia DiLiello about working more effectively with executive management.View This Interview
Avoiding Five Margin-Killing MarCom Mistakes
A guide to common marketing communication mistakes that reduce your perceived value and pricing power.View This Guide
Driving Strategic Decisions with Pricing Analytics
Most often, pricing analytics are only used to evaluate specific deals, identify pricing outliers, and measure price performance over time. But in the right hands, armed with the right questions, pricing analytics can serve a much more strategic purpose.View This Guide
How a "Top Salesperson" Gutted a Pricing Initiative
It's important to get Sales on-board when pursuing a pricing technology initiative, right? But how important is it, really? In this case study, learn to avoid the mistakes one company made when implementing a new pricing technology.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges