Understanding How B2B Pricing Is Different
Exploring, Understanding, and Embracing Five Critical Differences Between B2B and B2C Pricing
It's easy to believe that pricing is a generalized discipline where the basics are the same whether the buyer is a consumer or a business. But when the differences between B2B and B2C pricing aren't fully understood, there can be dire consequences. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The 5 key differences between B2B and B2C pricing that many people fail to recognize.
- Why B2B pricing often has the data and potential that B2C pricers can only dream of.
- How negotiation is such a powerful aspect of B2B pricing and why your pricing efforts should exploit it.
- The reason why B2C concepts applied to B2B can be like giving the wrong medication to a patient.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Tackling Sales Comp to Drive Pricing Excellence
In this expert interview, Bob Vezeau, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at WestRock, discusses his experiences redesigning the company's sales compensation platform to better align with pricing excellence.View This Interview
13 Unique Price Segmentation Attributes
When you identify meaningful segmentation attributes, you also uncover a source of competitive advantage. This research brief explores a variety of unique price segmentation attributes that companies in the PricingBrew Network have found to be important.View This Research
The B2B Pricing Capability Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement and help gauge the competitiveness of your company's strategic and tactical pricing capabilities, simply answer the 52 questions in this straightforward self-assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible.View This Tool
Closing the Costliest Pricing Capability Gaps
In this session, we explore three pricing capability gaps that are still all-too-common considering their detrimental effects on pricing performance and highlight steps you can take to close the gaps once and for all.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges